A FLASH OF TRUTH! BEING RIGHTEOUS.
Here're 5 truths that helped me bring more sense to why you and I are called righteous.
- Because of the sin of one man (Adam), death ruled the earth and human kind. Once this happened, we all became spiritually dead. But then (one man) Jesus, conquered sin and death and gave us life. In other words, we have been returned to our original state – back to life with God. Because of what Jesus did, today we have God’s grace and the gift of righteousness (See Romans 5:17).
- From the moment we gave our lives to Jesus, life changed, and we changed forever! Spiritually speaking, you and I are made new; you became a New You (See 2 Corinthians 5:17).
- You and I live in Christ, through Christ, and with Christ. Everything Jesus is and owns is ours! We are resurrected in Christ and positioned in Christ; as you can see we are also made righteous in Christ.
- We are called His sons and daughters through the gift of 'sonship.' Just like Jesus is the Son, you are God's daughter – It was God who decided in advance to adopt us into His family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus (See Ephesians 1:5). Being God’s daughter includes you and me being righteous!
- We were washed clean (purified and made free from the guilt of sin), consecrated (set apart, made holy), we are justified (righteous) by trusting in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit (See 1 Corinthians 6:11).
Hint-Hint: Take another look at what God has to say about you, look in the New Testament for the verses that include the words “in Him”, “with Him” and “through Him”, you will find who you really are and what belongs to you.
OTHER POSTINGS YOU MAY LIKE
[a] From the Bible.
[b] From the Greek word: dikai- http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/righteousness.html
[c] From the Dictionary including its Origin in the Dictionary. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/righteous